Thursday, September 22, 2011

food

I know why
I had such a small fleeting thought today, but I know why
I felt so inadequate

somewhere in my mind, monogamy means staying home and waiting
alone
for any communication
any words
any shred of what your partner has to share

this must have been incredible pressure.

I relied on someone else for all my validation as a beautiful, intense, intelligent woman.

that was so unfair of me.
but I thought that’s how it is supposed to be
because that’s how it always was.

but somewhere, somehow, in the past month
I actually validated myself

I didn’t stay in the house and wait
I went out and met other people
I shared time and conversation
food
coffee
I wandered around
again
like I used to.

I found an endorphin release
I found someplace to let my sadistic feelings out
where they were welcome

I found a group where I could feed my endorphin addiction on my own terms
where I could free my inner exhibitionist, and
be safe

because none of them would dare to touch me.
even the one that wielded the dragon tail.
my dragon tail.

no hands on me.

I watched the others that were chained and gagged
I watched how every male would walk up and slam his fingers into them
grab their breasts and pull
how they were entertainment
how they were worthless, walking cunts

so as I stood there in my bra and panties and shoes, grabbing the ends of the chains that others were
bound by,
needed to be bound by

my hands were free
I refuse to be bound

I turned around
watched the faces in the room
their mouths open
jesus I felt free
beautiful
and wild
and happy and satisfied
my skin was glistening
my breath was shallow
the muscles in my arms and legs were taught with anticipation and adrenaline

my mouth was red with lipstick
I could smell Chanel #5
and I saw respect in that room

when the one that wielded the dragon tail was exhausted
sweating
breathing hard
poor old man
I let go
put my skirt and white blouse on
had a cigarette
and came home

the culmination of me being free
not bound
but free to stand and expect what I wanted to be delivered.
and on my terms













2 comments:

  1. First,

    Thanks for letting me find you. I'd like to stick around so don't leave anytime soon, ok?


    Now, I'm awed that you wrote this now. Like you, I've spent years waiting for that magical moment of 'you're good' and in 20 years, only my daughter made me feel like I was doing something right.

    Then I went to Paris and the world opened. I feel like anything is possible.

    Never, ever, again will I wait while a man decides between me and someone else, or while he lies to me about his monogamy or lack of or while he implies my career isn't as important as his.

    Nope, never again. Not because someone eseisn't worth waiting for, but because I'm worth more. Just like you.

    Did I say thanks already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dd, thank you.
    I've never known anyone as astute as you are.
    you can even read what I don't write out loud

    ReplyDelete