Monday, March 5, 2012

2 Forks

The difference between 2 forks and 1 fork is love

to me, anyway

Waking up in the morning and seeing the remains of a truly excellent meal
cooked by me
thank you very much

on the countertop

with 2 plates
2 forks
2 napkins

Someone special was here

special enough to have been invited to dinner
cooked by me

so
He eats here now
every night

:)

I don't know how long it's been since I have wanted to cook for somebody

oh, wait

Yes I do know how long it's been...

But what I don't remember is how long it's been since I wanted to cook for somone every night.
...

oh, wait.
I do remember

Is it possible that I just wanted someone to cook for?
Is it possible that I just need someone to cook for?

For it has been said that

Food is Love

(at least by me)

but
reader,
it is more than my need here.

much more

For it is the quintessential need to give something that I have
to someone that I love

to give something tangible
something that has no price put upon it

so

2 forks on my countertop
is truly wonderful

a very happy c

No comments:

Post a Comment