Thursday, February 16, 2012

For the first time in 18 months I want to paint
and I don't think I need to use black

I'm still trying to picture it in my mind
the finished product
the final rough draft, really

but I want to paint because I'm smiling
:)

If you know me, you will understand
If you don't, it doesn't matter
:)

I want to paint with brushes and a little jar of water.
And I want to paint naked
I believe I couldn't paint the way I used to
with big, smearing wipes with my hands and crying and agitation
trying to set things right
in
my
mind

so, I wonder if an experiment were done to measure the stress and agitation in modern painters
if the ones like me were also using their fingers and hands plunked down in the acrylic while it still looked like colored toothpaste
while gnashing their teeth and crying...

so, picture this, please

Scarlett standing with fist raised

As God as my witness
I will never walk down to steerage
again

A smiling C

No comments:

Post a Comment